Hello 2017

January 01, 2017

What a year 2016 has been. I went skiing in Austria, sunbathing in Greece, visited London just before Christmas, got a full time job, I graduated and me and my boyfriend officially moved into our own house. 2016 has been a fab year but I think 2017 is going to be even better and to make next year even better than the last one, I have a number of New Year resolutions.

2017, new year, diet, exercise, goals, resolutions

Exercise. Me and my boyfriend have our own gym in the house so there is no excuse for me to not exercise. We have dumbbells, kettlebells, a squat rack, Olympic bar, EZ bar and dip station - all I could ever want. Up until May, I worked out religiously for a good year but final year exams came for my degree and I stopped going to the gym. Ever since, I just haven't been able to get back into it even though I have tried on numerous occasions. January is where this will change and I cannot wait to feel fit and healthy again whilst toning up which is my aim!

Diet. My diet has been seriously bad over these last few months. Takeaways, chocolate, cake, you name it, I've eaten it and probably lots of it. I am really sick of lacking in energy so some energy rich, clean food packed full of vitamins and minerals rather than sugar and fat is needed. Roll on January!

Travel. We didn't do too bad in regards to travel to say me and my boyfriend now both work full time and I was a university student up until May but this year I want to travel even more. Even if it just means visiting places in England I have never travelled to. I have never left Europe and this is a major goal for this year!

Life. I love sleep like seriously love it but you don't accomplish anything by sleeping apart from overcoming tiredness. I need to start getting up earlier, getting out of the house and seeing the world and adventuring rather than just sleeping in bed.

Water. I do not drink enough water. 8 glasses a day in reality is not much and with my love for tea and coffee, it should be really easy for me to drink at least 8 glasses.

Family. I visited home a mere 3 times this year which is shocking. I am going to aim to travel home more often next year so I can see my family and spend as much quality time as possible with them. After all, it does only take 2 hours on a train. 

What are your goals for 2017? Let me know in the comments below.

Best wishes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments