Autumn

October 05, 2016

Autumn. Love it or hate it, summer is over and autumn is officially here. I love autumn. No longer do I have the fear of sweating as soon as I step out of the door but I am instead welcomed with a lovely fresh and crisp chill in the air. How refreshing. I love everything about autumn: the colours, the fashion, the glorious food and even the annual events of autumn. And not to forget the introduction of Starbucks' pumpkin spice latte. Yum.


Full of oranges, yellows and golds with fallen and trodden on leaves and the smells of home-cooked comfort food in the air, how can you not like autumn? Along with wonderful sunrises and beautiful sunsets and it being the season of Bonfire night and Halloween, autumn is certainly a unique season.

Soups, stews, casseroles and pies, autumn is the season of food in my opinion! Home-cooked, wholesome food which provides a feeling of warmth, comfort, fullness and happiness, what more could you ask for?


And to hide my often rather full and round belly are the clothes. It is the season for layers: think woolly jumpers, scarves and those thick winter coats, you can eat as much as you want and no one will ever know!

So get on a onesie, grab yourself a hot drink, make up a hot water bottle and cosy up with a blanket in front of the TV ready for these dark and cold winter nights, I couldn't think of anything better!

Feel free to comment below!

Best of wishes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments