Attempting to Adult

September 20, 2016

Adulting is hard. Trust me. After being a student for as long as I can remember, it is now time for me to enter that daunting place; the world of work. With the world being so gigantic, it can be overwhelming and just a little bit scary. I am petrified.

Work
I graduated just two months ago which is not a long time in reality but it seems like forever since that rememorable day. I have had no luck on the job front when it comes to finding one related to my degree which I expected but after applying to around 50 jobs and not securing a single interview, it gets pretty demoralising. Luckily I have my part-time bartending job to fall back on at the moment. Phew. 

Money
Bills, bills and more bills. There are so many monthly things me and my boyfriend, Matt, have to pay for: rent, gas, electricity, water, two phone bills, the internet, council tax, TV license and not to mention food! The list is endless! I often wonder whether it's all worth it. Spending all this money on a house that isn't even officially ours. But then I think about it and there probably isn't many couples our age who cohabit on their own. So I think we're doing pretty damn well.

Time
Twenty four hours in the day is just not enough to fit everything in. Fitting in work, cooking, cleaning, searching for jobs, working out and doing hobbies is so hard! I honestly don't know how people do it but I guess it can only get better with experience. Hopefully anyway. Plus I still feel as though I'm a student so I can be a little lazy at times: I love nothing more than sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea with the TV on. 

Life is pretty good but it will be even better once I get a job linked to my degree that I am passionate about. This new and current situation is just temporary. Adulting is hard. But I don't think I'll see myself as an adult until I get a full time job relating to my degree.

Feel free to comment below!

Best of wishes.

You Might Also Like

0 comments